So, we left off last part with the torso fitting nicely, but too short. While thinking of a way to fix this issue, i was also thinking about how i was going to build the rest of the suit, and how it was going to stay on. So, killing two birds with one stone, i decided to make an extra long codpiece to cover up the gap under the torso, and have it use the same attachment points as the Spartan III suit, and pilfer the internal rigging system from that. So, first thing's first, gotta make the piece.
Go Go Gadget ruler and pen!:
And viola! Torso gap eliminated, codpiece finished.
Next up: making it stay on. First, we have to pull the rigging system out of the Spartan III:
After we have that, now we have to make the attachment points:
Attaching them to the piece was pretty simple, glue the two ends down, then reinforce with a hot glue/duct tape combo:
And finally, time to try it on!
However, it was a bit too snug for my liking, so i decided to add a little extra wiggle room for safety:
Done and done! next part we'll be moving on down to the legs, starting with the thighs. Stay tuned!