Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Dynamic Dunce Duo [War machine character mashup build] [Part 1]

So, with RTX 2015 being a wild success, it was time to one-up myself yet again. I thought long and hard (heh) about what kind of unique costume would really blow Iron Vav out of the water, and eventually realized the answer was right in front of me. Vav has X-Ray, as we already know:

And, if memory serves... Iron man also has a partner...


That's right, it's time to make RAY MACHINE!

Now, unlike Iron Vav, where i just had iron man hanging around doing a whole lotta nuthin, I'd be making War machine from the start, then just throwing some green into the paintjob for RTX. to make this even MORE interesting, my garage was gutted and renovated over the course of 7 or 8 months. this means no workbench until january, and even then with my new college life, i was damn busy. I finally dragged a few tables into the corner of the garage and got to work. first on the list was a single test piece to make sure the scale of the pepakura files was right. i decided to go for the forearm, since it seemed like a very easy piece to do at my desk, in front of my computer:













Done! 






As you can see, there's a pretty good amount of wiggle room with my arm inside, so the scale for the pep files had to be tweaked a bit


With the tweaking done, all the stencils were printed and i was ready to start cutting:














*whew* my wrist is SORE after that! so, with the stencils done, it was time to head down to the one table crammed in the corner that was my workbench at the time, and start tracing these stencils:



































Unfortunately i was too in the zone to stop and take a picture of the entire suit stenciled out onto the foam. oh well. Anyway, next post we'll start cuttin foam!
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment